Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: new AG books at Borders

  1. #1
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The mysteries are indeed at the local mall Borders. I went today and read Molly's and Kit's.

    Molly's was interesting even though I figured out "whodunnit" halfway through. I didn't feel it was inappropriate for the age group. Nothing specific is mentioned in regards to Hitler or even what the internment camps were like. It says in the looking back section that Hitler wanted to "get rid of" anyone who wasn't white and Christian and some Americans agreed with him. Nancy Drew fans take note-Molly is a mystery buff and she and her aunt are Nancy Drew fans.

    I also read Kit's mystery. I am not a Kit fan. I find her character irritating and this book was no exception. It was kind of silly and unrealistic but I love zoos and the history of the zoological park was cool. I was surprised to read that the zoo had an admission fee. I am so used to zoos being free from when I worked in the gift shops of the National Zoo which is run by the Smithsonian.

    They also had the Mystery Party Game kits for $16.95 each but they were packaged up so I couldn't read the books. They had the puzzles too.

    Also, they had Addy sticker packs. I was a bad girl and unstuck the seal on the package and opened them up. Good thing I didn't buy them because the pictures are all yellow! They are washed out versions of the Addy book illustrations-short stories included. They are heavier paper than the stickers which came with the trading card packs but not worth the money.

    I flipped through the doll hair book again. It is MUCH more appealing to purchase from AG with THE CODE! I would recommend it!

    I read Hopscotch Hill Teasing Trouble in which Spencer has attention issues and tells jokes to be the center of attention but his jokes go too far and hurt Hallie's feelings.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nancy Drew fans take note-Molly is a mystery buff and she and her aunt are Nancy Drew fans.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nancy Drew fans take note- Alison Hart wrote TWELVE Nancy Drew books in the mid-90's! (Some of the better ones from that era of lackluster plots) Not only was it her idea to make Molly a fan, but Molly is reading one of Alison's favorites.

    I've corresponded with Alison several times, and wrote her a letter about the Molly mystery and got her reply on Friday. She said she got to listen to the "Temple of the Vampires" episode that Molly listened to. It's on the Internet and I'm sure a Google search could find it. I've heard parts of that episode myself and it's pretty creepy!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Samantha's book was very good. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I went to the Borders here last night and they had the games and puzzles, but not the books. Then today I found all the books except Kaya's mystery at Books a Million. Go figure on how the chains don't always have the same stuff at the same time. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post



    I've corresponded with Alison several times, and wrote her a letter about the Molly mystery and got her reply on Friday. She said she got to listen to the "Temple of the Vampires" episode that Molly listened to. It's on the Internet and I'm sure a Google search could find it. I've heard parts of that episode myself and it's pretty creepy!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wow that's really cool!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 20, 2005 09:42 PM: Message edited by: QNPoohBear ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    fyi...In Ohio, I've been to three zoos, Cleveland, Akron and Columbus, and they all charge admission. We even belong to the Cleveland Zoo which is then supposed to give you free admission to all the other zoos in the country, but it is still up to that zoo, so for instance, in Columbus we got a reduced admission fee only.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dianasmama:
    fyi...In Ohio, I've been to three zoos, Cleveland, Akron and Columbus, and they all charge admission. We even belong to the Cleveland Zoo which is then supposed to give you free admission to all the other zoos in the country, but it is still up to that zoo, so for instance, in Columbus we got a reduced admission fee only.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes it is an affiliate of the National Zoo and if you go to the National Zoo, since admission is free, if you show your card at the gift shop you get a 20% discount. Most zoos do charge admission. The one here does. I am just used to the free zoo in DC. It's a great place to go and hang out early in the morning when it is still cool and calm and quiet. I used to go there for exercise once in awhile. The zoo is on two steep hills.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •